Wageningen 2007
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wageningen 2007

As we are going to overload our mailboxes with common emails, we have made this forum to talk about the party we are going to do or who is going to buy beer for the barbeque... After the erasmus period, we can use it to be in contact!!!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chronics of a Portugalus trip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Belentxu

Belentxu

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-05-26

Chronics of a Portugalus trip Empty
PostSubject: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 12:45 am

As I promised here it goes the first part of the "Peninsula tour 2007" also called the Portugalus trip. I hope you will enjoy it...

It all started one happy morning after the arrival of Andrea in Madrid. We took my car and drove to Lisbon, not before of picking up a surprise present for someone...

... After some hours finally our destination appeared!

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010711

The first night was full of reunions ...

... from country to country...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010712

...from room to room...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010713

... and even reunion with our dear friend Narcolepsia!!

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010714

But over all there were laughts and good vibrations. How not if we had guitars and tons of beer and rum!! drunken

Next morning we did the tipical tour over Lisbon. Arrow

We used the elevators to the upper neighbourhoods...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010810

...we suffered the so much missed temperatures of the south ...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010813

... we went on a traditional tram...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010811

...we heard the Fado on a little bar (even some of us bought the cd of this amazing woman)...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010812

... and what nicer than end the evening with the best views?

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010814
Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010816

From the night I don't have pictures...even I don't remember if someone made pictures... but we went to the Bario Alto and drunk a lot of mojitos (Manu Chao trio!!), smoked inciense and then we slipped into the craziness of the disco untill the dawn.

After such a day next one promised to be a quiet one. And it certainly was! All of us agreed... BEACH!!!! We were in a wonderful ocean beach (the first swim in the cold and agitated waters of the Atlantic for Andrea) near Cascais and to see the dusk , what better than Cabo da Roca, the westernest (that word exists?) place in the continent?

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010817
Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010818

We wanted to have something to eat in a wonderfull bar over a mountain near the sea, but after hours of waiting we simply ate our own stuff, visited the toilets and stole some extrage flowers from a tree...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010910

Indeed we were not very lucky with the bars that night. We tried to have a beer in Chapitas, a terrace from a circus&theatre club, but it took toooooo long and even they wanted us to pay more than what we had! But the views over the Teixo (the river), the food and the local were very nice.

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010911

For taking out the "bad taste" of the situation Joao new what we needed...

...the biggest icecream in the town!!

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010912

It was in a place taken from a Stanley Kubrick's film, even Beethoven was the soundtrack of the restaurant!

We had enjoyed the beach so much that the next day we went (without Joao, who had to work, that's why we got lost and we had the best indications in the world from a very funny guy, do you still have the paper Bruno?) to another beach in the south. The views were fantastic and the "pescaito frito" delicious!

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010913

When we came back we drop over Belen's (mine) district, where you can find the monument to the discover...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010914

... the tower of Belen...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010915

... the tinny and old part of the neigbourhood...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010916

...the Jeronimos...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1010917

... and a wonderfull panorama of the river with full moon!

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020010

That night Bruno and Luci went to the north. The next day Mir and Vio went home and then only the fantastic fours remained...

We went to see the Alfama streets (after a turn over an old fly market and some dangerous episodes in the guetto), which were all quiet and white...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020011
Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020012

... our last day in Lisbon! Because we could not stand the silence in Joao's home after such a crazy days we decided to arrive to the Festival de Sudoeste one night before it started.

Ok, we had some incidents... (fucking Brazilian Evil or Very Mad )

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020013

... Andrea lost his walet... (luckily his ID was not in the walet) but thanks to Manuelita's salad everything turned right again!

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020014

And how not to be happy in such a perfect beach...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020015

... and with Manu Chao in concert!!

The come back was also tiring, but when we arrive some of us even had strenght to make a "paciencia"...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020017

... but not all were so enthusiastic at that moment...

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020018

Anyway the trip was great and Portugal we will come back for sure!!

Chronics of a Portugalus trip P1020016
Back to top Go down
._irenilla_.

._irenilla_.

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip EmptyMon Sep 03, 2007 11:17 pm

infinitus thanks belenTXu!

the perfect summary of the trip
it is a pity that we don't have pics of the first part of it.

happy arrival Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fotolog.com/lapiniaylaninia
Ojitos

Ojitos

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip EmptyThu Sep 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Muito obrigada!!!

Belentxu you almost make me cry...what a great moments!!!

We have to repeat this, but in Italy!!! What do you think my friends??

1bigkissandhugs
Back to top Go down
Belentxu

Belentxu

PostSubject: Re: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip EmptyTue Sep 11, 2007 5:31 pm

When you want babies! Smile
Back to top Go down
Violeta
Admin
Violeta

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip EmptyMon Sep 24, 2007 6:21 pm

when are you going to make one with your wonderful stay in the beautiful pamplona??
Back to top Go down
http://www.fotolog.com/aliburundindi

PostSubject: Re: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip EmptySat Sep 29, 2007 8:29 pm

Nice Post Vio! and it seemed a very nice trip...*******2 all
Back to top Go down
Belentxu

Belentxu

PostSubject: Re: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip EmptySun Sep 30, 2007 8:59 pm

I know it Vio, I have to do the second part!! In fact I was thinking about it now... but maybe I will do it next week in Wage, when I'll have more free time... I'll let you know! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chronics of a Portugalus trip   Chronics of a Portugalus trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Chronics of a Portugalus trip
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wageningen 2007 :: Erasmus 2006/07 :: Photos-
Jump to: